Sorknes Art

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist" Sketches, art in progress, finished art and thoughts about it all.

Sunday 24 February 2013

Saturday Night Chimera

So, I had a couple of glasses of red wine, and decided that pencil wasn't a good medium, since it doesn't have an "undo" button.

So I made a chimera. I know it looks two-dimensional. Red wine, right? Eeeezza sketch.

  

And to put at least a little substance to the post, let's make this all about how I got inspiration... We made snowlights tonight. Just to show how something totally unrelated can inspire something - here's a couple of photos I took of some of the snowlights, and then I did colour samples (a couple of glasses or red wine, remember?)... I wasn't quite sure I'd manage to do the glow, it was something I'd never done before. Was fun though! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment